Granite, Marble & Bronze Memorial Installation
Granite, Marble & Bronze Sales
Pet Memorials & Urns
East Coast Memorials Step by Step Memorial Ordering Guide
If you’ve never ordered gravestone or headstone before or if it’s been a long time since you’ve needed a memorial, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how simple the process is and how rewarding it can be. Here are the steps normally followed but you’re the customer so you’re in charge. We will work at whatever pace you are comfortable with and will answer any questions presented. In the event it will be several people involved in the decision making process, we encourage you to come in together so decisions can be made collaboratively.
Ordering over the phone can be a very simple process. If you have found a memorial, gravestone, monument or headstone on our web site at eastcoastmemorial.com or eastcoastmemorials.org. order over the telephone, please call us at (704) 202-5603. or visit our store location at 1408 N Long Street Salisbury, NC 28144. Credit card payments accepted are VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
At East Coast Memorials we take pride in bringing memories of memorialization
to reality in memorials. Take a few moments to remember the achievements,
talents and personality trait of your loved one.
◦ Grave Markers
◦ Cemetery Memorials
◦ Companion Markers
◦ Upright Tombstone
◦ Carved Uprights
◦ Carved Monuments
◦ Carved Angel Monuments
◦ Slant Top Monument
◦ Serp Top Monuments
◦ Pillow Top Monuments
•Select Your Stone Color: We offer flat granite headstones in the eight most popular color sections, Grey, Imperial Black, Imperial Grey, Imperial Red, Mahogany, Blue Pearl and Bahama Blue. All other styles of headstones, memorials and uprights are available in a large variety of colors.
•Single or Companion: Our online catalog monument designer gives you the ability to create a personalized monument. Contact us at East Coast Memorials (704) 202-5603 with any questions and assistance with your order. We offer custom memorials contact us for more details.
• Text: Here you will add the name, dates, epitach and endrearment that describes the life of your loved one.
• Graphics: Here you will select a graphic design or border from our artwork collection. If you would like to add a custom graphic to a flat marker.
•Proofread: Proofread your memorial layout carefully. Please check your layout carefully for typos and spelling (Including Upper and lower case lettering) before submitting your order. We use the exact text you provide us; because names and words vary in spelling, spelling corrections or changes are made at your request. Once the order is approved by you changes can’t be processed.
•Finalization: To finalize your order, you will need to provide the exact address of the cemetery of the deceased or address for shipping. Payment options include cash, credit cards, check, financing, and Paypal. We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express.
Guide to Coping with Loss
Be patient with the process. Don’t pressure yourself with expectations. Accept that you need to experience your pain, your emotions, and your own way of healing − all in your own time. Don’t judge your emotions or compare yourself to others. Remember that no one else can tell you how you should mourn or when to stop.
Acknowledge your feelings, even the ones you don’t like. Let yourself cry. You need to do both for healing.
Get support. Talk about your loss, your memories, and your experience of the life and death of your loved one. Don’t think you are protecting your family and friends by not expressing your sadness. Ask others for what you need. Find and talk to others who have lost a loved one.
Try to maintain your normal lifestyle. Don’t make any major life changes (for example, moving, changing jobs, changing important relationships) during the first year of bereavement. This will let you keep your roots and some sense of security.
Take care of yourself. Eat well and exercise. Physical activity is a good way to release tension. Allow yourself physical pleasures that help you renew yourself, like hot baths, naps, and favorite foods.
Guide to Coping with the Grief of Pet Loss
Sorrow and grief are normal and natural responses to death. Like grief for humans, grief for animal companions can only be dealt with over time, but there are healthy ways to cope with the pain. Here are some suggestions:
• Don’t let anyone tell you how to feel, and don’t tell yourself how to feel either. Your grief is your own, and no one else can tell you when it’s time to “move on” or “get over it.” Let yourself feel whatever you feel without embarrassment or judgment. It’s okay to be angry, to cry or not to cry. It’s also okay to laugh, to find moments of joy, and to let go when you’re ready.
• Reach out to others who have lost pets. Check out online message boards, pet loss hotlines, and pet loss support groups—see Resources section below for details. If your own friends, family members, therapist, or clergy do not work well with the grief of pet loss, find someone who does—a person who has also lost a beloved pet may better understand what you’re going through.
• Seek professional help if you need it. If your grief is persistent and interferes with your ability to function, your doctor or a mental health professional can evaluate you for depression.
• Rituals can help healing. A funeral can help you and your family members openly express your feelings. Ignore people who think it’s inappropriate to hold a funeral for a pet, and do what feels right for you.
• Create a legacy. Preparing a memorial, planting a tree in memory of your pet, compiling a photo album or scrapbook, or otherwise sharing the memories you enjoyed with your pet, can create a legacy to celebrate the life of your animal companion. Remembering the fun and love you shared with your pet can help you to eventually move on.
• Look after yourself. The stress of losing a pet can quickly deplete your energy and emotional reserves. Looking after your physical and emotional needs will help you get through this difficult time. Eat a healthy diet, get plenty of sleep, and exercise regularly to release endorphins and help boost your mood.
• If you have other pets, try to maintain your normal routine. Surviving pets can also experience loss when a pet dies, or they may become distressed by your sorrow. Maintaining their daily routines, or even increasing exercise and play times, will not only benefit the surviving pets but may also help to elevate your outlook too.
Thank you for selecting a personally crafted East Coast Memorials. We offer nothing but the finest quality memorials available anywhere in the world. When it comes to memorials, our forefathers have established a tradition of fine craftsmanship in their Memorial work that can be seen in cemeteries around the country. We are proud to continue the same commitment to quality and workmanship in the memorials we manufacture today. The elements of true quality that are so often overlooked will be evident in every detail of a memorial crafted by East Coast Memorials. We are confident you will be totally satisfied with your purchase that we fully guarantee your monument through this warranty.
East Coast Memorials Life Time Warranty
All East Coast Memorials are hand-polished and hand tooled for an exceptional enduring finish. We hereby certify that your East Coast Memorials is made of the highest quality granite quarried by our network of companies. Our memorials are the best quality in brilliance of natural color, uniformity, and clarity of natural grain. We certify that after sawing and polishing these granite memorials, our quality inspectors will upon inspection ensure that we have chosen only the very best of the finest granites to produce your East Coast Memorials.
We certify that your East Coast Memorials will be crafted using the finest methods of high attention finishing, steeling, edging, tooling, polishing, carving, etching and sculpting. Careful attention will be noted in every detail, and final inspection will be made to ensure the highest quality in fit and finish of your East Coast Memorials.
Upon completion, you can be sure that your East Coast Memorials will be free from defects and will have passed the inspection of the toughest memorial quality standards.
This warranty covers completely all aspects of the memorial as produced by East Coast Memorials is not responsible under any circumstances for damages to or staining of the memorial resulting from acts or omissions of any kind other then acts or omissions of East Coast Memorials. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, East Coast Memorials is not responsible for cleaning accumulated dirt or other material coming in contact with the memorial or their effects, vandalism, theft, war, flood or other acts of God, environmental or atmospheric conditions, or the act or omission of any party including the purchaser.
This warranty does not cover litho chrome paint in letters or carvings.